Nail that first impression with a stunning logo, and seal the deal with a flawless branding that is as unforgettable as your business.
What is Brand Identity?
Most individuals apply the terms brand, branding, brand image, and brand identity interchangeably, but their definitions differ from each other. Brand identity is the collection of a variety of brand elements that start-up businesses and multinational companies create to represent the face of their business to the consumers. According to Liz Dennery Sanders, a brand specialist, brand identity does not solely focus on the visual component of the brand, but also on the emotional and philosophical concept of businesses.
Apple Inc. has successfully maintained their brand identity for the past several years as it consistently established their top-of-the-line products as sleek, innovative, yet useful at the same time. However, crafting a positive brand identity can often fail to translate to a positive brand image. For instance, PepsiCo, Inc. released a controversial advertisement in 2017 which received a mixed response from the consumers. Pepsi tried to project a “global message of understanding, unity, and peace” through their Black Lives Matter movement, but several consumers considered the advertisement as “trivializing” the public objections against killings of black people by police officials. Elle Hearns, the former organizer for Black Lives Matter, stated that no one finds pleasure and comfort in Pepsi during a protest in reality. The heavy criticisms and gaffe have not directly affected the sales of Pepsi, but for some brands, negative brand identity can influence their financial deals.
Components of Brand Identity
Below are standard elements for a more comprehensive brand identity that businesses should consider to present their cohesive image on a variety of media.
Logo or Wordmark – Logos are the cornerstone of the brand identity of businesses. It is a graphic symbol which represents the company, person, or organization. Logos usually contain typographical writing to spell the name of the brand or product. However, some logos — wordmark or logotype — are purely typographic, while others can stand alone with merely a graphics.
Some businesses choose wordmark over traditional logo due to minimal design that generally costs less. A well-crafted wordmark conveys professionalism even without a graphical content to visualize the brand.
Website – A well-designed and user-friendly website is an essential aspect of brand identity. For a digital marketing business, the consumers will positively check on the business site before doing business with the brand.
Business Cards – Companies should consider stocking up on business cards to present their brands and products to potential customers. The design of business cards should contain the essential business information and details.
Email Design – Emails allow the consumers to engage with the business through technology. If the purpose of the market is to create a personal connection, a brief email should suffice. Meanwhile, if the company has an educational approach, the email should be readable, scannable, and knowledgeable.
Product Packaging – The packaging of a product has a significant impact on the positive brand identity of a business. Although some businesses overlook the importance of well-packaged products, it influences the perception of consumers to the label. For instance, if a particular brand has a top-of-the-line status, sleek packaging with high-quality printing and distinct design should reflect that position.
How to Develop a Strong Brand Identity?
Start-up companies and legacy brands need to establish and craft a logical and cohesive positive brand identity to maintain consistent sales and attract potential consumers. Here are a few approaches on how to develop a clear and consistent brand entity:
- Conduct a Thorough Research – It is necessary to know the audience, competition, and personality of the business once they figured their mission statements and value. Professional branding agencies often suggest a “SWOT” analysis (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats) to assist businesses in finding their brand position.
- Implement Strategies to Maintain Brand Identity – Businesses and companies should ensure that their website and online reputation matches their vision as a brand. They should implement numerous strategies to develop their brand awareness and strengthen their brand. Social media presence on Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter can build a robust presence to communicate with target consumers.
- Know your Branding – Before deciding on the fundamental elements to include on the brand identity, it is essential to figure the composition of the market as a brand. Businesses should determine and understand their vision, mission, brand personality, unique value proposition, and voice to define their brand thoroughly.
What We Do
Nail that first impression with a stunning logo, and seal the deal with a flawless branding that is as unforgettable as your business. Our Advisors will create 10 custom logos that that capture your brand and provide you a brand bible for all your go-forward marketing activities.
Get Started Today
Take advantage of our state-of-the-art brand identity services in 4 easy steps:
- You provide your company name and fill out our logo investigation questionnaire.
- Advisor returns to you 10 logos.
- You decide what your logo will be.
- Advisor provides you a brand bible which you will use to keep your brand identity on-track for years to come.
What We Promise
- Logo design, letterhead design, physical business card design, e-card design, email headers/footers, Facebook cover, and brand e-bible.
- 100% money back guarantee.
eCards/Business Cards Pricing
Our brand identity design service starts at €1,500.